Current exchange rate to
Money transfer fees for this payment type:
to GBP 60,000.00
Larger Money Transfers
(over GBP 60,000.00)
Pay an IRD Account in New Zealand
Make payments towards a Student Loan, Child Support or other Tax Types, with ZERO FEES!Download instructions for making payments to IRD using OrbitRemit
You simply create your payment instruction and then transfer the payment total to the local OrbitRemit bank account, using your Internet Banking.
OrbitRemit then releases your payment directly to the Inland Revenue Department, towards a NZ Student Loan, Child Support Account or other Tax Type.
You can also set up recurring payments in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) via a regular Direct Debit (Australian customers only), enabling you to set up regular installments and forget about it!
How OrbitRemit compares to other payment methods:
Bank Transfer (TT)
- You will be charged a TT fee in the country you are sending from
- You will also be likely to pay an additional TT fee to the New Zealand bank
- There will be significant foreign exchange costs
- Lengthly processing times
Credit Card Payment
- Your card provider will charge you an international foreign exchange fee
- The value of the funds paid can be significantly reduced because of this fee
- Lengthly processing times
- Zero fees, at either end
- Competitive exchange rates
- Same day settlement once we receive your payment
- Historical record of all payments
- Recurring payments available
Payment Settlement Information:
- Payment will be made to your IRD student loan or child support account the same day OrbitRemit receives your cleared local transfer through Internet Banking.
- Inland Revenue will recognise the date OrbitRemit pays to your account as the date funds are paid.
- You will make significant savings on the foreign exchange margins you would normally pay if you were to use a bank or pay by credit or debit card.
- The amount you send is the amount paid to your Inland Revenue account.
- There are no fees at the receiving end (as is the case when paying by a standard Telegraphic Transfer).
An option to set up a schedule of recurring payments to IRD is available from your OrbitRemit account. Regular payments in New Zealand or Australian dollars can be made by creating a schedule of weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, six monthly or annual payments to IRD. When setting up your recurring payment schedule for a New Zealand dollar amount payments can only be funded by arranging a direct debit with OrbitRemit. Alternatively if the recurring payment schedule is for a Australian dollar amount payments can be funded by setting up an automatic payment from your bank account to OrbitRemit or by arranging a direct debit with OrbitRemit.
From United Kingdom
An option to set up a schedule of recurring payments to IRD is available from your OrbitRemit account. Regular payments can be made by creating a schedule of weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, six monthly or annual payments to IRD. Payments can be funded by setting up an automatic payment from your bank account to OrbitRemit to match the date of your recurring payments.