OrbitRemit is fully committed to protecting our customers' privacy and security. Please review the following document to ensure you fully understand what information we collect about you and with whom we share it. You should read this document in its entirety. It should also be noted we may amend the content of this document at any time by posting a revised version on our website.
The Service refers to this website and the products and services associated with it.
We, our, and us refer to OrbitRemit.
You and your refer to those who access and use the Service.
OrbitRemit and Your Privacy
OrbitRemit takes your Privacy seriously. This privacy document applies to the Site www.orbitremit.com and is effective as of 1st June 2009.
OrbitRemit provides the following information to explain what personal information we collect about you, with whom we share it, and how you can direct us not to share certain information with certain parties. "Personal Information" refers to information such as name and email that can be used to identify an individual. You should read this document in its entirety.
We may amend this policy at any time, and shall notify you by posting a revised version on our website. Should we make a material change to the manner in which we collect, use or store your personal information, we shall notify you by a notice on the OrbitRemit website, or by email.
Information collected by OrbitRemit
OrbitRemit may collect the following information about you, which may include non-public personal information:
- Information that you provide us in the course of using the OrbitRemit service, such as your name, residential or business address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We may also collect certain sensitive information from you including your bank account number, credit card number, date of birth, passport number, drivers licence number and social security number.
- In order to use the OrbitRemit service, we request certain third party personal information from you such as your recipient's full name, physical address, email address, and phone number. We may also collect from you a recipient's sensitive financial information including their bank account and routing number.
- Information about your usage of the OrbitRemit service, including your transaction history, and how and to whom you use the OrbitRemit service to send or receive money;
- Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties, such as identity verification services and credit reporting agencies;
- Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the hardware and software you use when accessing the OrbitRemit service, your IP address, the pages you access on this website, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing OrbitRemit.
- We may also use "cookies" to track your use of this website. A cookie is a small data file that we may place on your computer to identify you when you return to the website. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the Service. The information we store in the cookie is not Personal Information but a number that we generate and could not be used to lookup a user's Personal Information without the proprietary OrbitRemit system.
Collection of information
OrbitRemit collects information for the following purposes:
- To process your transactions
- To verify your identity
- To collect payment for your use of the website and the services provided
- To troubleshoot problems with the website and the services provided
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal use of the website and the services provided
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers
Sharing information with others
OrbitRemit will not sell or lease the information we collect to third parties for their promotional purposes unless we receive your permission to do so. Nevertheless, we may share information about you (including non-public, personal information) with:
- Entities or service providers under contract with OrbitRemit to provide necessary services, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, and marketing.
- Entities we partner with to offer additional products and services, but only when you elect to receive information about those additional products and services.
- In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, your personal information might be a part of the transferred assets. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence by placing a notice on our website.
- Law enforcement and government officials, but only in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure, as well as circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, report suspected illegal activity, or investigate violations of our User Agreement.
Modify and access your information
Options to access, modify or update your personal information saved to the OrbitRemit website can be found by logging into your account and changing your preferences or in the instances where personal information cannot modified or amended by you by contacting OrbitRemit to request changes you may deem necessary.
Security - SSL secured
OrbitRemit uses the highest level of online security available to protect the information you submit to us through the OrbitRemit website. We have put in place SSL [Secure Socket Layer] encryption technology to protect your sensitive information transmitted from the OrbitRemit website. We also require a username and password from each user who wishes to access the information held in their OrbitRemit account and other areas on the OrbitRemit website.
Modify or restrict the use of your information
An OrbitRemit customer may restrict the sharing of their personal information as follows:
- If, after giving OrbitRemit your permission to share your personal information with third parties, with whom we deem it necessary to provide our jointly offered services, you later decide that you no longer want us to share such information, you can email [email protected] or telephone New Zealand +64 4 889 2864, Australia +61 3 5294 0380, United Kingdom +44 20 3286 9592. It should be noted that a request to restrict or modify the use of your information may result in you no longer being able to use our services.
Complaints and Disputes
Third Party websites
The OrbitRemit website contains links to other websites. OrbitRemit maintains it is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the privacy practices of these other sites prior to submitting your personal information to them.