Wellington, New Zealand
We exist to get customers the best bang for their buck. With highly competitive exchange rates and low fees, OrbitRemit gets more of our customers' money to its destination. We all work hard for the money we earn, and we should be able to transfer it to family & friends without hefty fees.
Having started at home here in Wellington in 2008, OrbitRemit has experienced rapid growth to now call Sydney and London our "second homes". It's important for us to maintain our start-up and entrepreneurial spirit and keep people at the heart of our business.
About the role
The successful applicant will enjoy creating quality content, monitoring media and social media channels and driving events and activations within the community. While you may be involved in strategy, your skills will be most utilised in hands-on delivery of marketing activity to support the marketing team.
You will be a smart and creative thinker and might have experience in things like idea generation, content development, media relations, influencer programmes, digital, social, events and activations and running integrated campaigns across earned, owned and paid channels.
You will need a bit of experience of brand, marketing and communications principles and know your way around web and social media channels. Any video production experience or design skills are an added bonus. We envisage you having already cut your teeth in the marketing space with 2-3 years under your belt and are ready to take the next step.
You will be part of a small agile team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- - Managing marketing calendar of events, campaigns and activities.
- - Manage production of marketing collateral such as brochures, advertisements, sales documents, banners and display screens, and other promotional material from production stage-to stock level management.
- - Event organisation and coordination including booking, planning, running and where required-attending.
- - Manage blog content upload and format.
- - Collaborate with and brief designer.
- - Manage sponsorship.
- - Negotiating rates for, and booking of, print and online advertisements.
- - Proactively gathering client testimonial and referral material.
- - Social media whizz? - Sweet, you get to own Social Media in-house by creating great content and monitoring social media (this does NOT include digital marketing or customer support, we have specialists for that!)
- - Searching for new marketing and promotion opportunities and reporting back to the COO with findings.
- - Monitor and report on competitor marketing activity.
- - Liaise with suppliers and contractors for events and swag (run or sponsored by the company).
- - Engage with our customers and advocates by any means possible.
- - Copy writing.
- - Creativity and a passion for marketing and communications.
- - Analytical acumen.
- - Team player.
- - Business driven, proactive and entrepreneur mentality.
- - Customer, target and result-oriented.
- - Has an open mindset towards, embraces and continuously initiates and implements change.
- - Demonstrated expertise in engaging and activating community groups.
- - Demonstrated expertise in event management.
- - Understanding of customer segmentation.
- - Previous experience in a similar role.
- - Ability to work independently and self-manage.
Coffee machine, beer taps, further education and/or industry events!