Payment Operations Specialist
Wellington, New Zealand
OrbitRemit is an innovative and fast growing online payments company. We have developed world leading technology enabling our customers to transfer funds internationally at the best possible exchange rate, for the lowest possible fee. We are a disruptive force in the area of cross-border payments helping our customers send money to where it is needed most.
Located in Wellington, with offices in Sydney and London, we are experiencing extraordinary growth and are looking for exceptional talents to join our young and energetic team.
We are looking for an experienced payments specialist who can support our operations team in processing all customer payments with accuracy and efficiency.
We have a flat structure which means you will work directly with everyone across the company, from customer support to compliance, product and finance. As a result, you will gain real insight into the business of international money transfer. We encourage an open and transparent working environment. You can get involved in any aspect of the business you are interested in if it adds value to our company and our users.
- - To process customer transfers in a timely manner whilst observing and adhering to all relevant compliance guidelines.
Specific duties & responsibilities
- - Importing bank data into the OrbitRemit Limited transfer processing engine.
- - Linking customer payments to transfers.
- - Reviewing allocated funds on transfers.
- - Monitoring customer accounts, helping to progress any compliance flags where possible.
- - Resolving/escalating transfers unable to be processed.
General duties & responsibilities
- - Be punctual and work the hours and times specified.
- - Prioritise workload to ensure work of the greatest importance to the business is undertaken with urgency and to a high standard.
- - Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- - Undertake all duties and responsibilities outlined in this Job Description and all other duties as required by the business.
- - Comply with all employment obligations.
- - Promptly undertake to complete all reasonable and lawful instructions and directions given.
- - Serve the business in good faith, promoting and protecting the business' best interests.
- - During work time, and such other times as may be reasonably required, dedicate all effort to the execution and fulfilment of the duties, responsibilities, obligations and instructions related to employment.
- - Demonstrate through own actions a commitment to Health and Safety at work when undertaking work or observing others in the workplace.
Skills, experience & education
- - You focus on accuracy, are independent and pay attention to detail. You can work both on independent tasks as well as enjoy working in team environments.
- - You’re a great communicator, straight up, clear and honest. You’re confident in challenging an idea when you disagree and seek further understanding when required.
- - You’re an analytical thinker. You can adapt to new processes and systems and apply the principle purpose of processes you learn to your workflow.